Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oh What a Night



Last Saturday night was our good friends, Chris and Lindsay's, couples wedding shower. Jim and I along with a few other people were the hosts of the party. Of course I took this as an opportunity to cook for everybody :) Ashley and Jason hosted the party at their house as well as decorated, and Jim was in charge of the drinks. I have to say we pulled off a pretty damn fun party!!! Both of their families were in attendance as well as most of our friends. I didn't get any pictures of the porch, but we had lined their back yard with tiki torches.




The cute couple




I stuck with food that people could easily eat as well as food that would be okay if we left it out.
I made...
  • herb cream cheese topped with dill cucumbers on a crostini
  • sauteed mushrooms (with red wine and thyme) and goat cheese on a crostini
  • pepperchini and feta dip- with crackers and pita chips
  • Chiptole Honey chicken meat balls
  • Puff pastry filled with sweetened cream cheese and fruit
  • Smore's cookies

I was happy with everything that I made, and I was happy that I made the food in time and had it transported over to the party house and on the table by party time!

Me, Lindsay and Ashley... in Ashley's jungle oasis transformed living room

Jenn, me, Lindsay, Ashley and Tammy


Chris and Lindsay

Whitney, Chris and Chris (there were a lot of Chris' at the party :) )

Melissa (Chris' sister), her son Ethan, and Chris


Lindsay and Chris with her family

Eric, Tyson, Jason, Chris, Nick and Jim...
The Groom and the Groomsmen
Michelle, me, Lindsay, Ashley, and Melissa...
The Bride and the bridesmaids (minus one that couldn't make it to the party)
The guys at the party
The girls at the party

Jason and Ashley

Jason and Ashley- goofy.
We got a little goofy towards the end of the night, and after most of the adults had left the party

John and Tammy

John and Tammy- goofy
Hubster and I
Oh my... we really have fun when it is time to be goofy

Me with my hula wig

End of the night... Jenn, Tammy, Me and Lindsay



No comments: