Friday, February 26, 2010

Feta Dip







At the end of March I'll be making a few appetizers for a friends couples wedding shower so I have been trying out the dishes this week. I came across this recipe at a blog called Noble Pig. She regularly posts really tasty dishes that are simple to make and when I saw this dip I knew I wanted to try it. I've not really used the pepperchinies before in recipes so I was excited to incorporate them in a dish.



Overall this dip was solid, but lacked a bit of a wow factor, perhaps the lemon zest that I forgot to add would give the dip a boost. I thought about adding chopped up black olives but the husband (who isn't a fan of any type of olives) nixed that idea. Of course serving it with a chip or cracker that is flavored might also give it a little kick.


Feta Pepper Dip
Adapted from Cuisine at Home



8 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (used a garlic and herb feta)

8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup pepperoncini, sliced (I used a mounding 1/2 cup of pepperoncini)

1/4 cup green onion, sliced

1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (damn, forgot to do this)

Black pepper to taste

Extra-virgin olive oil



Blend feta cheese, mayonnaise, and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl periodically. Fold in sliced, green onions, lemon zest and black pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and chill dip for at least one hour before serving. Drizzle dip with extra-virgin olive oil. Make sure to serve with a sturdy cracker or chip.



1 comment:

Optimista said...

Giada has a white bean dip that is SUPER yummy and ridiculously easy to make. Great with Stacy's pita chips from Costco.

http://bit.ly/vmI1