Thursday, May 03, 2007

Support your local farmer!!

I love going to farmers markets and browsing through all of the goodies. The last time I went, I bought some huge tomatoes, squash and zucchini. They were all delishious and I if I remember right, the price was about the same as the grocery store. I was just reading on News8austin.com, they are opening a farmers market on Wedsnesdays from 4-8 at 45th and Guadalupe. Lucky for me, this is pretty close to our house. Here is the article:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Austin Farmers' Market opens second location at Triangle
5/3/2007 11:07 AMBy: News 8 Austin Staff

The Austin Farmer's Market held its grand opening Wednesday at its second location in Triangle Park on 45th and Guadalupe in Central Austin.
Triangle Park has a water ‘spray’scape for kid’s, a bocce court, tree-shaded courtyard for outdoor eating, a permanent band shell and free parking.
More than 40 vendors were on hand, and everything at the market comes from local farms.
"The Austin Farmers market is run by the sustainable food center, and we're all about access and knowledge and connected farmers with consumers with local, fresh health food," organizer Suzanne Santos said.
The Austin Farmers Market at the Triangle will be open every Wednesday from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
The original Farmers Market is still at Republic Square Park in downtown Austin every Saturday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHERE DO YOU LIVE I HAVE TO HAVE YOUR STRIPPERS!! OMG -SO EFFIN HOT!!! I WILL FLY THEM IN!!!!!! THANKS

Anonymous said...

this was ridiculously interesting, but in a boring way