Sunday, May 06, 2007

It begins.....

We spent our Sunday with power tools, energy and motivation to begin the remodel of the kitchen. Since we are doing most of the work ourselves, we'll be taking baby steps. Our goal on Sunday was to start taking down the wood. Easier said than done. Seriously. This shit was hard to take down. I think the hardest part was not being able to use a power tool of some sort to rip though the wood to rip is down. We still had to be careful of live wires running through the back. I have to say after 3 1/2 hours of battling the wood (that sounds dirty :) ), my upper body was tired!!!

Before

Here we go....

Like any post would be complete without my kids picture


After


My little pooh-pa

All of the wood we took down.

Jim was not very happy that I took this picture. But I couldn't resist. How often can you take pictures with power tools? :)

After looking at these pictures, I realize that it appears that we didn't do much. But like I said, we are taking baby steps :)

No comments: