Saturday, May 12, 2007

Movies worth reviewing

Over the past two weekends, we have watched two movies. One worth watching and one worth passing over. I'll start with the one worth worth passing.... Children of Men. While the leading man is worth watching, the movie is not. Clive Owen and Julianna Moore were the main characters, set in the future where all woman are infertile. The entire movie felt as if we had just stepped into the story line. Within 20 minutes you were thrown into the movie, without any character building what so ever. I like the thought behind the story line, but neither Jim and I liked the movie. I would wait until it is on TNT during a rain storm when you don't want to run to Blockbuster to get a movie.

The second movie we watched was Stranger Than Fiction, with Will Ferrell, Anette Benning, and Dustin Hoffman. it was pretty funny, without the slapstick humor Will Ferrel usually has in his movies. Don't get me wrong, I will laugh my ass off at him going "streaking" down to the college as he did in Old School, but this was a nice change for him. I don't want to give away to many details, but I will say that I wished I had seen this earlier because it was a good movie with a different outlook than most!!

No comments: