Sunday, April 29, 2007


Stench



Last weekend Jim and I made fish tacos for dinner. The dinner was very nice, but what was left in it's wake was not so nice. Our entire fridge and freezer REEK of fish. The day I noticed the smell, I took everything out of the fridge and cleaned it out using Fantastic (which really is fantastic, I love that stuff!!). But I think it was too late. By then the damn fish smell is in every nook and cranny in our fridge/freezer. After I cleaned I put a little bowl of vanilla extract in the fridge to try to help out with the smell. Now it just smells like vanilla flavored fish. Ick. Damn. Shit.

So, about 5 days ago I pulled hash browns out of the freezer, and noticed that they were slightly thawed. I poked around in the freezer and found that the stuff was starting to thaw. Super Crappy. I unplugged the fridge, and changed the settings and it came back on. Whew! But a couple of days ago, the fridge stopped working again for a couple of hours. It is working now but I think it is just a matter of time before it dies. Jim and I aren't to sad, we are looking forward to getting a new fridge. We bought this fridge when we moved into the house and we skimped and bought a cheap one. So we both have mixed feelings about the fridge. We both want it to die so we can get another one, but we don't want to have to deal with the hassle.


We'll see what happens. We are convinced that the fish smell broke our refrigerator. :)

No comments: