Friday, April 06, 2007

A clear view

Last weekend Jim and his dad worked hard to take out our old kitchen window and put in our new window. Actually it didn't really seem that hard, but that is easy for me to say since I didn't really do much :) We wanted a new window because the old window wouldn't open and was pretty dirty looking (no matter how much I cleaned it). Our new window works great and hopefully will save us some money since this one is double paned with the "gas" in the middle. I have to say I'm not really happy with the size. We didn't realize how much of the frame would take up the window. So we actually lost a little bit of glass space with our new window. Oh well, not much I can do about it now since the window was a special order (it was an odd shape). Our next step is to pull down all of the wood and replace it with dry wall (which is the reason the window in the pictures doesn't have a frame around it).

Taking the old window out


Chewie enjoying the open window space


View from inside without the window

The pooh-pa

Check out the ham in the window

The kids resting after a hard day of watching other people work.

Our new window installed. Once we pull down all of that wood, and replace it with dry wall we will frame the window.

Who is the freak in the bag....Oh yeah, it's me

No comments: