Thursday, April 05, 2007

Prim and Proper

As I am watching Pride and Prejudice I realize that I don't think I would survive back then. Don't get me wrong, I would survive without electricity and Internet and I think I could run a farm. But I might have some issues without my Starbucks or Nordstroms coffee. I don't think I could handle throwing myself at men hoping for a husband. There are a few parts of the movie where the younger sisters are trying desperately to gain the attention of men with a bunch of woooohoooo's and dropping their hankies in hopes that one of the men will pick it up. Dear lord. I would rather hang out with the cows than go to such trouble. Of course, looking back I suppose my short shorts/skirts would have been my "way" of dropping my hankie to gain attention. HA!!!

Originally I wasn't sure if I would like this movie, but it draws me in every time I see it on TV. I suppose it is the love story about a stubborn woman that interests me :) lol!!!

No comments: