Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Typical Photographer Quote

Have you seen the commercial for the new movie Flags of our Fathers? I believe that Clint Eastwood is a director or producer and it is about the battle at Iwo Jima and the photo that was taken of the five Marines and a Navy corpsman raising the flag on Mount Surivachi. The movie looks like it will be pretty good but something struck me as funny on their movie trailer. During the trailer it shows the photographer who took the photo mentioned above saying that "he wished he could have gotten their faces in their pictures". Here is a photographer who took a well known picture and still wasn't happy with his result. :) It cracks me up every time I see the commercial because that is how I feel a lot of times when I am taking pictures. I always think the pictures can be better if I could just get the subject to move a little (if they don't know they are being photographed) or I wish I could find higher ground for a better angle for the picture. I felt this way in New Orleans. I took a lot of night pictures (when the city was alive), but most of them didn't turn out (to blurry). I didn't take my tri-pod (to cumbersome) so I was using walls and light posts to steady my camera while I took pictures with longer exposures. I did get some good photos but I know I would have had a lot more if I just had my tri-pod. Oh well, I'm sure I'll take it next time!!!!

No comments: