Sunday, July 30, 2006

Photography Class


I finished my second photography class on Weds and I feel a little frustrated. I have a pretty good understanding of how to use lighting, which pictures will turn out, and scouting good locations, BUT I feel lost after this class. The teacher goes over how to change the F stop, expanding the exposure, and how to meter for light. There are so many settings to use and adjust for each picture. I took some pictures the other day and I attempted to figure it out but I gave up and used the same settings I always do. I know it will get easier after I practice and I'll become a better photographer, but DAMN I wanna know now!

The people in my class make me laugh. I have one guy in there who realized he liked photography when he was at a Renaissance Festival. Now he travels around looking for Renaissance Festivals to take pictures at. Then another guy who I call the tech guy always asks these long drawn out technical questions that even confuses the teacher. I doubt he really knows what the hell he is talking about. He also said that he listens to pod casts by different photographers a couple of times a week. He is a weird dude. There are a couple of other people in the class that seem okay (well, besides the girl who only has one name, Desiree). I have to say I am the cool chick in class :) I don’t know if I have been the coolest person in class before! I should sit in the back of the class with my sunglasses on, chewing my gum loudly, while looking completely bored :)

No comments: