Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tasty Cold Treat


It's no big secret that I enjoy my coffee. I like it in all shapes, sizes and flavors. :) Over the past few months I have been hearing about Chameleon and Kohana cold brews so I have been wanting to try them out. Chameleon Cold Brew is coffee that is cold brewed for 16 hours using organic fair trade Arabica beans. The cold brew process leaves the coffee with more caffeine and less acidic. I finally bought a bottle at the Wine and Food festival a couple of weekends ago. I didn't want to use my normal creamer (don't ask why.. can't explain it), so I was going to get some normal half and half when I saw the Almond Milk. Something clicked in my head and I remember that my mom said that she really liked Almond Milk a couple months back. There were a few choices for Almond Milk, but I ended up picking the Silk brand. After telling my mom, she mentioned that there is another brand that isn't refridgerated that only has 40 calories (instead of the 90 calories that the almond milk that I bought). I love love love this simple combination. I use about 1/3 cup of coffee and 2/3 cup of the almond milk over ice and it is very good. You can change it up however you want... add a few sprinkles of cinnamon, heat it up, flavorings, you name it.
YUM YUM to my TUM TUM








No comments: