Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quick Breakfast

I need to eat breakfast every morning and I'm not a donut type of a gal, I need substance. During the week some mornings I make scrambled eggs, eat hard boiled eggs, or have a bagel. I have a breakfast casserole that is delish, but then I found this recipe. Breakfast bites... sure, I'll give you a try! This recipe is very simple and yet you can totally add what you like to the mixture so that your breakfast bites are just the way you want them.

Breakfast Bites

12 eggs
splash of milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese
about a quarter cup of chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped ham or bacon

Crack eggs and beat with the milk. Spray your muffin tin with some type of cooking spray and then use a 1/3 cup and fill up the muffin tin. Once you have filled up the muffin tins with egg, then add in your toppings along with a pinch of salt and pepper. I debated on just adding the toppings into the eggs, but I wanted to have a more uniformed muffin, with equal toppings so I just added the toppings to the eggs once in the muffin tin. Put the muffins into a 350 degree oven and cook for 30 minutes.
Different view on eggs Toppings- I used cheddar, sliced ham, diced green chilies, and onions
These breakfast bites turned out pretty good. They reheat okay, but they develop a little bit of a crust type topping that I am not in love with. I'll be trying a few different versions to see if I can get it right, ya know, the way I like them :)

No comments: