Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Hour


I met up with some ladies from work at Corazon at Castle Hill. This is one of those restaurants that Jim and I have talked about visiting but never seem to make it. We chose this restaurant because they have awesome happy hour prices on food and drinks. I was the first to arrive and the restaurant was fairly empty around 5:30. There is a parking lot in the back and some street parking, so I don't think there would be an issue with parking during the dinner rush.


I started off with a White Wine Sangria. This Sangria was on the sweet side but oh so delicious! It was $4 a glass and worth every drop. Next time I will have to try their red wine sangria.




Fried Goat Cheese


Breaded and fried cheese round with an ancho chili-sun dried tomato chutney


The fried goat cheese called out to me.... it said "eat my cheesy goodness and don't forget to slather on the chutney". This was a nice change to the chips and salsa. The goat cheese on it's own was good but lacked flavor, but once you added on the chutney it was a wonderful bite of food... cheesy, tart, sweet and a crunch with the crackers.



Guacamole

Made with ripe avocados, cilantro and lime juice

Perfect texture and flavor! No big surprises with this dish, just good guacamole.




Tacos al Pastor

Two tacos with chili and lime seared pork with pineapple, onion, and cilantro

The pork was slightly smoky and tender, and combined with the cilantro and onion for a fresh bite. The pineapple was lost in the meat but occasionally a bite had a slight sweet taste. I don't know what the green sauce on the side was composed of (got to busy talking with the ladies and I forgot to ask) but it had a great kick of spicy to add to the taco.


Overall we had a great time at Corazon. The appetizers were just right for happy hour, the prices were perfect, and service was prompt without being to pushy. I have already told Jim that we will have to give them a try very soon.


No comments: