Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crispy Treats

I bought package of Easter themed cookie cut outs about a month ago. I have been eyeballing them and trying to decide what to do with them. My mom mentioned to me that she made Rice Crispy treats for Easter and it clicked! Flower and rabbit shaped rice crispy treats would be perfect!!

I followed the recipe on the back of the marshmallows to make the Rice Crispy Treats. Once I used my muscles to mix the melted marshmallows and rice crispies (seriously, it was a sticky work out to mix everything), I cooled the mix on a cookie sheet pan. Once cooled I used the cookie cutters to create the cute little crispy treats.






To spiffy up the rice crispy treats, I melted some white chocolate, slathered it over the treats, and added some little crunchy candy. I only put the chocolate on half of the treats because I was worried it would be sugar overload. Jim and I took these to work (with some left at home for us) so everybody was able to enjoy!


No comments: