Saturday, November 20, 2010

Eagles

Our last full day in Jersey/Philly was spent getting ready for the Eagles game. Bagels for breakfast, went to the nursery turned Christmas shop, watched some odd children's shows and hung out with the family. About an hour before leaving for the game I started to get nervous for the weather. I knew it would be chilly but they were saying at kick off it would be 45 degrees, with a wind chill that would drop it even more. Hmmm... I was excited because this was my first night game (well... not really a night game, but it was late enough that it was dark) and a chilly game. I should have brought a hat and gloves, but I ended up buying gloves at the game because I couldn't handle the cold :)

Of course I had to get a family photo... Fred, me, Jim, Gilat, Kai and Keith
Walking to the game... Jim and Keith in the background


In our seats at the game. Fred, Keith and the crew were 2 sections over from us.


E - A - G - L - E - S!!!


Lucky us... we even had front row seats to a fight. It was more of a pushing match and was really pretty stupid. Eventually the guys shook hands and let it go


The sunset was gorgeous! I wish the stadium wasn't in the way, but I at the time I wasn't willing to walk to the other side of the stadium for a picture because the game was pretty good. This was around the 3rd Quarter. I gave up and just tied my scarf around my head... Jim said I looked like a grandma, but I didn't care. I was warm!
There was some game drama that kept us on our feet during the last half of the 4th quarter. Some stupid plays, bad calls by the umps, and 2 teams that really wanted to win had us slightly worried about the outcome of the game.
In the end the Eagles won by 2 points.... Eagles 26 Colts 24

Jim was doing his happy dance after the Eagles won the game. I'm glad that some of the fans didn't beat him up after doing this dance in the stands :) We left the next morning around 6:30am. The Philly airport was easy to navigate and didn't have any wait times.


As always.... we had a wonderful time on vacation. Now to plan the next one :)

No comments: