Friday, September 03, 2010

Where to begin?


I stopped by JoAnn Fabrics yesterday to check out their fabrics for new curtains. Since I haven't used a sewing machine since Junior High, I know this is going to be a huge undertaking but I figured why not. Plus I haven't really found any premade curtains that I like and they can be so expensive.

I want to take on this living room make over step by step and I like this first step. We have a lot of windows in our living room, so having a curtain that will stand out will help make the room.



I took pictures of the fabrics that I like the best and posted them below. Please weigh in on which ones you like!



Here is the living room... it's a little dark of a picture, but this is how I see the room, slightly dark.





Here are the fabrics that I liked the best at JoAnn's.....



This color is a little washed out in the picture but it is more of a subtle lime green. This is not a fabric that I would normally be drawn to, but I liked it enough that it made the cut.



I seriously love this fabric. LOVE. IT. I don't think it will work in the living room especially since I am looking to lighten up the room. But I will need to find a use for it in a different room :)

UPDATE: Well, Jim surprised me and liked this one the best, so we are going to go with it. I'm not sure the pattern and colors will work with the other rooms, but we like it so there! :)

This fabric had a little metallic to it and i liked the colors and the pattern. The pattern isn't to "in your face" and I don't think this will date the room in a year.

I realize this fabric looks like it should be on the floor as a rug, but I loved the colors. This picture does not do it justice. I liked it for the little pops of color but again I'm worried it might be to dark if I lighten up the walls.

A little more modern of a fabric and I don't think I'll pick it because my den is done in these colors so I'd like a little change from room to room. But I still like it so it stays on the list :)

This is a simple stripe pattern... the colors are aqua, light grey and the little lines are a yellow ish.


The bonus is the fabric is now 50% off.. .until September 11th. So time to make a few decisions.


No comments: