Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Austin Restaurant Week


Austin Restaurant Week happens twice a year and we always try to participate. I love eating out because it gives me the opportunity to try new foods and restaurants. This time around we decided on Lamberts. Laberts has a great menu with upscale BBQ foods with side dishes that sounded really good.


Picture of the kitchen from the bar area using my blackberry... waiting for our table.




We started off with the Baby Bibb Lettuce and Avocado Salad ( toasted pine nuts, tarragon, watercress, Dijon and sherry vinaigrette) and the Beer Battered Florida Rock Shrimp. The salad was good and the dressing had a nice flavor but didn't over take the salad. I'll admit it took this salad to realize that I really don't like tarragon. So after I found all of the tarragon slivers, the salad was edible. The fried shrimp was excellent! They were small bites that were crispy on the outside but not a heavy coating and the shrimp was cooked perfectly. There were quite a few little pieces of shrimp, enough for 2 people to think they were eating to much before their entrees :)


For our entrees Jim ordered the Brown Sugar and Coffee Rubbed Beef Brisket. When it came out I was a little worried because the slices were cut thick. But the brisket was very tender and had a good smoke ring along with the flavors of brown sugar and coffee. I tasted more of the brown sugar than the coffee, but I only had a few bites. I ordered the Citrus Brined & Maple Glazed Pork Ribs. Oh mama... these were good! You receive 4 large ribs that were full of fall off the bone meat. I tasted hints of the citrus and hints of the maple in each bite. These ribs were DAMN good and I'll be back for another round! We also ordered a side dish of the Brussels sprouts with brown butter and bacon, and I thought they could have used a little salt and pepper but over all they were tender and had a great taste.



We had a good time at dinner... we liked the ambiance, the building itself, our servers were really nice and of course the good food. And next time I'll take more pictures! :) I can't believe i forgot to get a picture of our appetizers!


No comments: