Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's time for a change

So we have been working on the kitchen for a long time now and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. However there are somethings that we have long term got the idea to buy some spray paint and make some changes. I did this project without Jim's knowledge, I wanted to surprise him. And I was freaking out a little on the inside because I was worried that it would look bad. Cause really, me spray painting the outside of the dishwasher doesn't really mean that it was going to look good. Jim came home from work and walked in and out of the kitchen without even noticing the dishwasher. I was trying so hard no to smile every time I was in there cause I wanted him to be surprised when he saw it. I started cooking dinner and he was in the kitchen with me,,, STILL not noticing the dishwasher,,, so I mentioned something about unloading the dishwasher so he would look at the damn thing. FINALLY he saw it, and loved it!!! Yay!!! It's not our long term resolution for the dishwasher, but it will make me happier for the short term $10 in spray paint was WELL worth it!!!

Here is the dishwasher, before the spray paint


I started off by taping off the area, then priming the washer so the paint goes on evenly.

Layer One. It went well and appeared to be even. It did stink up the kitchen and that side of the house, but it went away.
My brother works for Valspar, so I decided to go ahead and support his company. You hear that Lee??? Can you hook a sista up with some free paint? :o)



The area around the controls was a wood grain, that was pretty horrendous to look at. I taped it up and painted it black. There is some streaking, but since it is black you can't really see it unless you are looking for it.


Taaaa- Daaaaaa!
The final product. There are some areas that don't' look perfect, but it is like 100000% better than it was before, when it was mustard yellow and had fake wood paneling

No comments: