Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bad Blogger!!!

I haven't been around as much this week, but I had some stuff going on at work that kept me busy as well as our anniversary. So I guess I have been boring and nothing to report :) HOWEVER, I have found a few recipes that I want to try this week, so I'll be reporting on those.


*** *** ***
We went to dinner at Moonshine on Tuesday night for our dinner. I have been wanting to try dinner there for a couple of months (I went to brunch there months ago) so I thought this was the perfect opportunity. The restaurant had a nice ambiance, but it was loud in the room that we were sitting in so you could hear most of the conversations going on around you. The people around us were pretty boring, so the noise was annoying instead of entertaining. :) I believe that Moonshine was converted from a house to a restaurant. They have a waiting area outside with seating around a fire pit as well as a bar area that had a fire placing roaring.

Jim ordered the catfish with crawfish ettoufe and I had the crunchy snapper with mango salsa. Jim really liked his food, and so did I! I'm a big fan of putting a crawfish cajun type topping on fish. My fish was tasty, but I wouldn't exactly call it crunchy, but there was a nice flavor. The mango salsa added a nice fresh flavor, especially since it had raw onions :). I ordered the garlic mashed potato's and Jim ordered the mac and cheese, both were the perfect sides. Overall I liked Moonshine and I plan on going back. The brunch was also good, so we will be heading there as well!

No comments: