Sunday, March 18, 2007



Saturday Night

This picture is WAY fuzzy, but I kind of like it. It almost looks like an oil painting


The hubby and I headed out on Saturday night for a nice meal and to celebrate St. Patty's day. We went to the Roaring Fork, which was soooo stinkin yummy! We used a gift certificate that Angela gave to us for Christmas, so it was a stinkin yummy dinner for free! Yay!

Downtown was BUSY! This weekend was South By Southwest, which is an intense music festival going on all around Austin, especially downtown Austin. I think it is 4 days and on those 4 days bands start early in the afternoon, then go until the wee hours of the morning. We didn't go to any shows, but I plan on it next year. We'll buy the wrist bands so that we can get into the shows for free. This weekend was also the last weekend of Spring Break and St. Patty's day. What a weekend! We did a little bar hopping, listened to some music, and did a whole lotta people watching! I tried to take some pictures, but it was hard since it was dark out and extremely busy!

At Shakespeare Pub

This bar had a drum band playing, and it sounded so cool. The guy in the picture what wailing on the drum. We stayed and watched for a little bit.

We made sure we were wearing green! Although my green wasn't a true "Irish" green :)

As we were sitting at the bar in Touche's the couple next to us got an interesting looking drink. We found out that they were Irish Car Bombs. Being the adventurous couple that we are, we thought why not and ordered two! Basically, you have a glass half full of Guinness beer, then you drop a shot of Bailey's and and Irish Whiskey into the Guinness, then you drink really fast :) I have to say I was a little worried before we drank them, but they were damn tasty!

Jimmy drinking his shot/drink

And because I am so talented, I even took a self portrait of me taking my shot/drink. The people next to us as well as the bartender were impressed I could drink and take a picture of me all at once. Well, I'm not sure it they were actually impressed or just thought I was weird. Whateva!

Ahhhh, a St. Patty's day kiss!

As we were walking down 6th street, I couldn't believe what I saw... A freakin Eagles TO jersey. Seriously? Didn't he have anything else to wear that night. Sure it has green in it, but a TO jersey. LOSER! :)

No comments: