Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lunch in the hood

Today while running errands I had some hunger pains. I was going to head to a trailer park but I was pissy after dealing with downtown traffic. I forgot that the reggae festival was going on when I headed to the City Wide festival.
Anywho, I remembered there was a little cafe in the hood that I haven't been to yet. I'm not sure how long Daisies Cafe has been open but after eating there today I am disappointed I haven't been here yet.  I ordered the special of Green Chili Bacon Cheddar Croquettes and a side salad. The croquets were tiny in size but loaded with flavor. They were crunchy on the outside and soft inside. The primary flavor was bacon (yum) with a hint of cheddar. I didn't get much of the green chili flavor but that didn't make the croquette any less tasty. The salad had a light vinaigrette with mint.
Their breakfasts look damn good as does the rest of lunch menu. Cany wait to come back!

No comments: