Sunday, October 02, 2011

Day Trip

One day while looking through the internet I saw that Round Top was having an antique fair on my day off (http://www.roundtoptexasantiques.com/) and I thought,,, why not! Round Top is about 1.5 hrs away from Austin but it is a very easy drive. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was hoping that I was going to find a coffee and side tables. I don't really like our tables and would love to get new ones!! But I am picky as hell which means it takes me way longer to find items that I really like and are willing to pay for.

When I was driving into Round Top there was what appeared to be a flea type market on both sides of the road so I pulled over and checked it out. There was full booths on both sides of the road with plenty of really neat items.

One side was a ginormous tent full of booths and the other side of the road was made up of smaller buildings with items inside as well as out on the grass.






Hellllooooooooo!





I thought these were really cool, but didn't really have any where to put them. Almost every dealer that I came across on this portion of the fair let me know that they were flexible with pricing. I honestly wish I came across something that I just couldn't live without, but I didn't.





This little building had a lot of colorful cabinets of all shapes and sizes.




It just wouldn't be a antique fair without an old bathtub (which was pretty cool) filled with old beer cans. :)




I moved over to the Big Red Barn to check out the fair inside. This area cost $10 to go in, and I heard people talk about being charged for parking, but I accidental drove into the section for vendors only and didn't have to pay for parking :) The Barn had more expensive booths, AC and rest rooms so I was pretty happy to pay $10.

I did find a few items that I would have loved to buy but they were just to damn expensive or I didn't have a place to put them. But I did find a lot of items that inspired me to either make stuff of find like items around town that wouldn't cost so much.




I came across this chair... made of horns.... seriously... horns.... and they wanted over $1500 for it.





LOVE this photo! This artist was told about a machinist that was selling his warehouse in Missouri. She took his equipment, cleaned it and then either buffered it or painted it. There were lots of great little parts that she took and created different pieces of art. She also refurbished the guys drawers and tables. They were pricey but not to out of reach. I just didn't have any use for the tables.


Another favorite picture that I took while at the fair. These were all of the saw bits that the machist used.




This was another booth that I liked. They had a lot of refurbished furniture that had a slight country feel to it.



After the Red Barn I left and ran into another shopping area. These tents had a mix of new and old items. I loved almost all of the items in the tent below (picture). Loved all of the dining room tables and cabinets. I found a couple of tables that I would have wanted as a coffee table, but they were either way to big or way to small. GRRR. Oh well, I'll just have to keep shopping while looking for a new coffee table! :)






In case you would like to go to a show, here are the next years show dates: (HINT: Mom- one of these dates would be good to come and visit :)

WINTER ANTIQUES SHOW
January 14, 15, 2012
Big Red Barn
9AM to 5PM Saturday
10AM 4PM Sunday
Admission $5 Good for all days.

44th ANNUAL SPRING ANTIQUES FAIR
April 4, 5, 6 & 7, 2012
Big Red Barn & Tent, Continental Tent
Carmine Dance Hall
Admission $10 Good for all days
and all locations

SUMMER ANTIQUES SHOW
June 23, 24, 2012
Big Red Barn
9AM to 5PM Saturday
10AM 4PM Sunday
Admission $5 Good for all days.

45th ANNUAL FALL ANTIQUES FAIR
October 3, 4, 5, & 6, 2012
Big Red Barn & Tent, Continental Tent
Carmine Dance Hall
Admission $10 Good for all days
and all locations





No comments: