Thursday, June 10, 2010

LOVE this new recipe!!

I love corn and when it is corn season I eat it as much as I can. I am totally happy just eating it off of the cob but when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it! This is soooo easy to make and it is so damn good! This will make the top 3 recipes that I'll use for corn. The only way I can see tweeking it a bit is to add grilled onions, red peppers or roasted jalapenos. However, this dish is perfect just the way it is written below!





Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija Cheese
http://sugarcooking.blogspot.com/2010/06/grilled-corn-salad.html

Ingredients
3- 4 ears of corn, silks removed, husks on (soaked in water for 30 min)
1 tbls butter
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbls chopped, fresh cilantro
1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ancho chili pepper

Directions:
After soaking the corn, grill on medium high for about 20 minutes. I added the string around the corn because I couldn't get the husk to go all the way around it. The string burned off on one corn cob, but overall it was very helpful to have it around it.

When the corn is cool enough to handle, remove the husks and cut the corn off the cob. I have cut corn off of the cob when it is raw, but it is soooo much easier to cut it off when it is cooked!

Saute in a pan over medium high heat with the butter, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, chili powder, and chili pepper. (I threw the butter into a bowl, nuked it, then put everything else in it to mix it up).

Add the cotija cheese just before you are ready to serve. This is where I made a change.... I couldn't find the cotija cheese at the grocery store so I bought Queso Fresco. Once I got home from the grocery store I looked up cotija cheese and found out that it is a hard cheese. The Queso Fresco is more of a crumbly cheese. I will have to try it with the Cotija cheese next time, but I will say the Queso Fresco was pretty damn good too!!!




1 comment:

Hannah said...

SOLD! That looks Sooo YUMMY. I am going to put corn on my grocery list right now!