Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cauli-blah-flower

In my attempt to broaden our food horizons, I thought I would give cauliflower a try. I have probably had cauliflower once or twice before, but I have never made it. The last time I had it, it was a great texture as well as great flavor (it would really help if I could remember exactly where I had it). I thought I would go the simple route, just to test it out. Well,,,, simple was not the way to go. The cauliflower was edible, but not tasty. I'm not giving up on cauliflower, but I really need to find a different recipe. I think I may have found it.... a mac n'cheese with cauliflower (will try to make within a couple of weeks and report back).


Recipe

1 head of cauliflower, cut in pieces
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 small onion, in slices
salt
pepper
crushed red pepper
Parmesan cheese (how ever much you want to add)

Combine all ingredients, making sure oil and spices are evenly distributed, in a casserole dish. Cook for 15-20 minutes in 400 degrees. Once the cauliflower is done, pull it out of the oven and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.


No comments: