Sunday, January 06, 2008

My New Year's Goals

I know I am a little late to do this, but it is better late than never :). I think my new years goals are pretty much in line with most people.

Getting healthy. I would like to get rid of the "giggle" that has been riding around my thighs and ass. I have a wedding in March, on the beach in Mexico, so I would really like to be able to run around in a bikini without worrying if the junk in my trunk is bouncing around. So I have been watching what I am eating (no junk food or fried food) and I am easing my way into exercising. I'll be very happy to lose about 10 pounds... we'll see how that goes.

Unfinished projects. Another goal I have is to finish a lot of projects that I started in 2007. The kitchen is first on that list. I am officially sick of not having a completed kitchen, so we will be working hard to finish! And I have about 4.7 million other projects that I would like to finish (refinish chairs, paint den, organize black and white pictures, clean out closest, finish combining our desk, etc). There truly is a never ending list of stuff to do, but I want to do better at finishing those projects!

Pictures. A couple of blogs that I read did a project in 2007 to take a picture every day and post it on their blog or on Flikr. I am going to attempt this and I have no doubt that I will take a picture every day but it will be getting that picture posted on the blog. I'll do my best!!

Photoshop. I want to work more with Photoshop and really learn how to use it. I know just a few of the functions but none of the cool stuff. If I can't pick it up on my own, then I'll take a course.

Procrastination. I have a bad habit of waiting until the last minute to do projects/homework/cleaning/etc. So in 2008 I will try to take each thing I don't want to do, and finish it early. I think part of me needs the rush of the deadline in order to get it right. We'll see how that goes.

Blog changes. I want to learn how to customize my blog and how to write code. I tried to add a Flickr banner to my blog earlier and it almost killed my blog :) So if I can learn a little I will be very happy!!

I think that short little list will start me off for my 2008 goals. I reserve the right to make changes as the year goes on.

No comments: