Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sunday Funday



Before football season begins, I wanted to go try out Paddle Boarding.  I've seen people on the paddle boards going up and down Town Lake for the past year and I couldn't wait to try it out.  We found a place on East Riverside that rented out the paddle boats for $15 an hour. I found a few places that were right on the water and they were all between $15 and $20 an hour.  I can't imagine we would ever do more than an hour.  It wasn't to hard to get up on the board.  We started by sitting on our knees and rowing to get a feel for the boards.  After we were comfortable we stood up and kept going :)  I won't rat out who fell in the water once... but I'll just say I kept dry the entire time on the water ;) 

I'm getting daring with my camera.  I had it in a water proof case for most of the trip on the water but pulled it out for a few photo opportunities.




View of downtown Austin



After paddle boarding we headed over to Takoba for brunch!  Jim with his uber large drink


Surprisingly I had an excellent cup of Tomato Blue Cheese soup at a Mexican food restaurant.  It was DAMN  good and I'll be trying to recreate it once the weather cools down.  I also got the pulled pork sandwich.... yuuuuuummmmm.... pulled pork!  



Another excellent Sunday Funday

No comments: