Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Engagement Pictures with Friends




A couple of weekends ago I met up with friends, Mike and Erin, to take their engagement pictures. We didn't have a lot of solid plans as to where or what type of pictures so we just headed downtown and had fun! The only issue of the day is that it was very overcast and I didn't have a lot of light to work with. For those of you not living in Austin, the weather here can be quite fickle... one day super sunny and 70 degrees but then the next day can be windy, overcast and a high of 50. There is no telling what type of weather that you will wake up to :)




Mike did mention that he wanted to get pictures in front of the Austin Greeting Card that is on South First Street, so that was our first stop.







Right around the corner from the Austin Greetings Card (which is painted on a wall),


is a cool lighting shop.
After a few more photos in that area, we headed down to South Congress. The picture below is behind the Austin Motel. I had no idea it was there until we parked on the street near there. There was a cool rusted out car with plants in it, so of course it became our backdrop.







Another iconic spot in Austin, which is on the side of Jo's Coffee on South Congress. I actually don't know much about this "sign" but it was perfect for our photo shoot!






I can't decide if I like this photo or not... I love Mike and Erin in it, but the damn leaf from a bush got in the way. Adds a little color to it, but part of me wishes it was gone.








On our last stop, I wanted to head down to a rusted out bridge that I have been eyeballing for a few years. You can see it while you are whizzing by on S. Mopac heading towards Cesar Chavez/5th street exit. I'm pretty sure this bridge is to connect the hike and bike trails to 5th street. I was fighting with the lighting at this point.... we had to hurry to get some pictures!



Love both of these pictures!!






No comments: