Thursday, July 21, 2011

See it on TV one day,,, eat there the next day


We caught Eden Eats on the cooking channel last Sunday and lucky for us she was in Austin going "around the world in 24 hours in Austin". She visited various ethnic cuisine like a Middle Eastern food cart, a Lebanese bakery, a European Bistro and the Cuban Cafe. there were a couple of other places as well, but I forgot ;)


The cafe was a part of town in Austin that I haven't really explored so I was pretty thankful for GPS on my cell phone. The cafe was in a small strip center in the middle of a few neighborhoods.



They had a lot of great sounding items on their menu but I had to go with the sandwich that I saw on the show, the Cuban Sandwich.



What I first noticed was the bread and the density (which is a good thing) along with the crunch on the top.... delicious. I can't really say that I have experienced that type of bread before. The sandwich had a layer of roasted pork, many layers of ham, Swiss cheese, mayo, mustard and pickles. This sandwich was awesome! I could only eat about half of the sandwich, it was huge! I can't remember the price of the sandwich but I paid $7 for the sandwich, bag of chips and a coke.


I was extremely thankful for catching the TV show that featured Cuba Sandwich because the sandwich was totally awesome.



No comments: