Monday, December 11, 2006

My new obsession!

Last week I was watching TV in the living room when I kept hearing a helicopter fly over and around the house. Being the curious individual that I am, I looked out the window to see what was going on. I couldn't really get a good view of the helicopter so I went out front to see what was going on. So I'm sitting outside watching a police helicopter fly in circles above the neighborhood, one or two streets over and I'm wondering what exactly they are doing. Hopefully they aren't searching for some escaped convict because I'm sitting out in the open. Jim joined me after a few minutes to check it out. It is odd to watch a helicopter fly about 200 feet above your house with their spot light on. I wanted to walk over to check it out, but Jim just looked at me and said, " it is 10:30 at night and you are in your PJ's." Damn. Probably a good idea but I still wanted to know what was going on. So I figured out that the police department has a website where you can look up the different incidents that happen in your zip code. It is so cool, and a little scary, to see what has been happening in your neighborhood/area that you live. The most interesting I found that car break-in's are looming in the surround area's. I found this by googling Austin PD and I found their website. I don't know if every city has this online, but I highly suggest trying to find it! You'll find yourself checking it daily! :)

No comments: