Saturday, June 09, 2007

Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños

I found a recipe on the internet that I couldn't wait to try. Jim and I have figured out that we LOVE cream cheese jalapeno poppers. But they aren't the best for a gal trying to lose her badonka-donk butt, so when I saw a baked version I had to try! I know some people out there aren't fans of jalapenos but these aren't that hot (unless you get an insanely hot pepper, that will be hot no matter what you do to it.). This is very easy and makes for a different side dish!


Taste of Home Celebrations Cookbook
Copyright 2005

6 medium fresh jalapeño peppers
1/2 package (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (I used a colby cheese mix)
1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
sprinkle of garlic powder
2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer you boil the peppers, the milder they become.) Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls in to each jalapeño half; sprinkle with bacon. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.

No comments: